Saturday 22 August 2009

Better together...

Phew. What a relief. The campaign’s over, the VP is out of the race and I can get back to what I do best – campaigning with Josh, instead of fighting against him. I hope CJ was proud of me for that one. Though I’m not sure anyone could be proud of someone who dressed up in a chicken costume.

I’m still not convinced about Matt Santos, but Josh can pick a winner... so I’ll trust him on this one.

I'm so proud of him.

As Jack Johnson would say, “it’s always better when we’re together...” Though I gotta say, I’m kind of through being together only as colleagues and I’m hoping us working together again won’t, well, stand in the way of anything else. Though I doubt Josh will be able to multi-function anyway – it’s election, election, election all the way from now till 4th November, so I’d better re-wire my priorities and focus too.

Even if he did keep vigil at my bedside for days in Germany. What was that about? That's not in the job description, is it...?

Focus, girl.

Mmmm, wonder what job I can do? Have I earned the right to being more than a glorified secretary? I should think so. I’ve so enjoyed learning stuff with Will – he’s a much better teacher than Josh – or maybe I just wasn’t distracted when he used to tell me stuff... No danger of that. He doesn’t even have dimples!

Bye bye colored index cards. Something more glamorous, that actually uses my brain. Oh, but maybe I could keep the colored index cards anyway... They’re just so... useful.

Better together – by Jack Johnson

There's no combination of words
I could put on the back of a postcard,
No song that I could sing
But I can try for your heart,
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things,
Like a shoebox of photographs,
With sepia tone loving,
Love is the answer
At least for most of the questions in my heart ,
Like why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy,
And sometimes life can be deceiving,
I'll tell you one thing, its always better when we're together


Mmm, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, we'll look at the stars when we're together
Well, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together

And all of these moments
Just might find their way into my dreams tonight
But I know that they'll be gone,
When the morning light sings
And brings new things,
But tomorrow night you see
That they'll be gone too,
Too many things I have to do,
But if all of these dreams might find their way
Into my day to day scene
I'll be under the impression,
I was somewhere in-between
With only two,
Just me and you
Not so many things we got to do,
Or places we got to be
We'll sit beneath the mango tree now (if only!!!)

Yeah, it's always better when we're together...

No comments:

Post a Comment