Sunday 27 September 2009

Is Donna there?

Why did he lie? To CJ, I mean, about me being there with him.

They all know I spend an inordinate amount of time there, taking him lunch, sometimes even making him coffee (decaf, obviously – I don’t think he’s noticed yet), and generally, you know, looking after him and making sure the place doesn’t fall apart completely.

They all know that.

What they don’t know, though, is how much I am enjoying playing at being wife, and how difficult it is not to kiss him sometimes when I’m sitting on his bed, even when he hasn’t shaved and he’s still wearing the same scummy sweatshirt.

Or maybe they do know. And maybe he knows too, and he knows they know, and he wishes they didn't, or he didn't, or something, and that’s why he lied.

Sigh.

When did life get to be so complicated?

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying reading these, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Amy! It's so nice to get positive feedback. I do it for my own entertainment (and Janel Moloney's, should she ever come across this!) but it's nice to know I have fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,

    You might be interested to read my other fan fic (of the scenes-that-could-have-been and scenes-from-futures-series type) at morewestwing.blogspot.com

    Enjoy!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete