Sunday 6 September 2009

a bit of an oversight

He was so angry. I made him so angry. Man, I hate that. I’m normally the one who calms him down when he’s mad.

He doesn’t own me, though, right? I can go out with whom I like. Right?

Right?

I understand why he was mad. I really do. But it hurt so much to see that look on his face. Like I’d betrayed him. Which, I suppose, I had. But not on purpose. It’s not like I went out of my way to hurt him, out of my way to choose a Republican on Ways and Means. Doesn’t he know I’d rather be with him?

Doesn’t he know that?

But if you can’t be with the one you love... then... love the one you’re with. And with Cliff, I think I could do that. He’s a good guy. He’s funny. He’s cute. He’s... well, let’s just say the other night was GOOD. Yes, he’s a Republican. But not all of life has to be about that. Does it?!?

But that’s all over now. Because it looks like I’d have to choose Cliff or my job. And after just two dates, I can’t possibly make that kind of decision.

It’s all politics. I hate that sometimes. I hate that life has to be so complicated.

I hate that I can’t pursue what could have been a great relationship with a good guy. I hate that I can’t see Cliff again.

I hate that Josh is mad at me. And I hate that for once he’s kind of right to be mad. And I hate that I can’t make it better for him.

Aargh. What a mess. Maybe I’ll call in sick tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment