Tuesday 8 September 2009

Back to life, back to reality...

Okay, back to reality.

It was a very nice note. It made me feel so happy. It made me realise how much he values me. Which is always good.

But it's back to work today and so I need to switch my work brain back on. And so all my daydreams need to go back in the drawer ready for such a time as I have more solid evidence to go on.

I sound like a lovesick schoolgirl when I go back and re-read what I've written. I've sort of felt like one over the last few days. And let me tell you, it has not been entirely unpleasant. But the thing with lovesick schoolgirls is that they tend to read too much into thigns.

It was a beautiful thing he wrote. I'm really grateful. But I must see it as a note of thanks to a colleague who has become a valued friend. If I continue believing it was anything other than that, I will go crazy. And I will probably do something I regret.

So go to work, Donnatella, be professional, be pleasant, and do not look too hard into those beautiful eyes. He is your boss, your friend, your soulm- oops, I did it again. He is your boss and maybe your friend. He values you very much and that is good. And not everyone is lucky enough to have a boss who actually expresses their appreciation. You are very fortunate. But you are not going to marry him.

Well, not this year, and probably not the one after that.

So take a deep breath. (And a lot of cold showers.)

Keep calm and carry on...

No comments:

Post a Comment