Tuesday 1 September 2009

Bartlet's 3rd State of the Union

When I said this was a great job, it wasn’t just because of the handsome British men, either. After all, if that was what I wanted, I could just move to England.

It’s not even just because of the fantastic, inspiring, intelligent women like Joey Lucas, whom I like a lot, and whom, by the way, Josh really ought to gather his rosebuds with, if nothing else so he can get her out of his system.

It’s the adrenaline. Nothing beats those highs. When the President finished his address, jumping to our feet was instinctive. Though I gotta say, sitting so close to Josh during the speech kind of meant I could have concentrated a little harder on the content than I did. I feel like a fourteen-year-old girl when we sit like that, in close physical contact. Butterflies, and all. Ridiculous, I know. Ri-di-cu-lous. And slightly shameful. Because I’m not fourteen. We are about important, nation-changing, maybe even world-changing business. Genuinely exciting. Genuinely worthwhile.

Plus, of course, he’s my boss.

My b o s s.

Must not, must not, must not forget that.

This is so hard. So hard.

Maybe if I focus on just how unbearable he is and how little patience he has, the butterflies will go away. Though it is a lot of fun teasing him at times like this. That power cut was so well timed. Oh Joshua. You crack me up. So easy to wind up. Hours of entertainment. That's why I like Joey so much. She's even better than I am at winding you up, and it's so much fun to watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment