Sunday 11 October 2009

Inauguration and snowballs

Wow.

My heart is beating so fast that I'm surprised I can even hold a pen.

Where to start? Where to even start writing about this?

I think perhaps by stating this: I am a woman very much in love.

I know you knew that. I suspect it’s blindingly obvious to anyone who has been watching me. But there have been times when I doubted it. There have been times I was unaware of it. There have been times when the very thought of being so much as infatuated with this infuriating man... well, you get the picture.

But, oh my goodness, tonight. He has never looked so incredibly attractive as when he told me I looked amazing (!!! :) !!!). I have never seen such tenderness in him. Tenderness – for me. Unmistakable, for once.

So unmistakable, in fact, that I’m re-assessing many of the ambiguous moments of the last few years in this new light.

Well, re-assessing sounds very level-headed and practical, and I can assure you that right now I am feeling neither of those things. My feet have not touched the ground since my window got attacked by snowballs.

Who said romance was dead?

He couldn’t even finish telling me off properly. He didn’t even flinch before his gave me his coat.

Maybe there’s more to this than just a daydream. Maybe he has those daydreams too.

The dictionary definition of “wistful”, by the way, is this: full of longing or unfulfilled desire.

Not for much longer... hopefully. Come on, Josh. You’re da man.

You’re certainly mine.

No more sailors. I don’t care how many buttons or sabres they have.

You, in a tux from Gary’s, is fine by me.

Oh, my goodness. So much more than fine.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why you don't have more comments, this series of fics is great.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!

    I don't feel like my recent ones are as good - putting a lot of energy into writing a novel at the moment so less time for this...

    I don't think many people know about this blog - I'm not on any of the West Wing Fan Fic lists - feel free to link to me! Although I've not come across anyone doing the same as this, and I kind of like that I'm the only one!! :)

    Feel free to keep saying nice things :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,

    I just came across your blog- i'm loving it... you have Donna's voice down great... it's making me wish that someone (possibly you) would write a blog as if Donna was writing from the very beginning- as if she kept a blog- but to stay in character and in cannon the whole time... or maybe to do a post series blog...

    someone did this with Mulder and Scully on LJ- they even back dated the entries and people left comments to them in character- in fact until the blog was over no one knew who was writing for the 2 characters... it sounds crazy but the 2 authors had the voices down amazingly and would interact with the readers leaving comments- it left you with the feeling that Mulder and Scully were real..

    any chance you want to tackle this for J&D???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much! I so enjoy writing these so I'm glad others enjoy reading them..

    The plan is totally to do the blog from the beginning - but at the moment I am just doing it as and when inspiration strikes... on my next time through (very soon - seeing as I'm now on series 7 again) I'm going to fill in the gaps...

    A post series blog could also be fun... May get to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and by the way... Donna has a facebook page (well several of them, but the "real" one is Donna Moss Lyman!) and is also to be found at www.twitter.com/donnalyman!

    ReplyDelete