Saturday 10 October 2009

Finally, Hawaii!!

I don't think there is even a word for what I'm experiencing right now. I've looked in the thesaurus, and I can't find anything.

Happiness doesn't even begin to describe it.

Ecstasy is too short-lived.

Contentment - definitely not enough raw passion in that.

Paroxysms of delight- I read that in "Inevitable", the novel that Josh's cousin Claire wrote and that I'm so glad I made time to read. Highly recommended. You will laugh, you will cry, you will throw the book at the wall in frustration. Anyway, I digress.

Euphoria - An intense or exaggerated feeling of well-being or elation. Well, it's definitely intense(ardent, burning, consuming, fervent) but it is not exaggerated. It's a perfectly natural reaction given the circustances.

Because Josh and I -

Wow, well, there it is. Just that phrase. "Josh and I". "We." Wow.

What do you call all those things mixed together plus the release of years of frustration and just this sense that wow, finally, after all this time, that which I'd given up hoping for has come to pass, and I want it more than ever, and it's everything I have dreamed of, and more...?

I guess the smack high analogy will have to do us for now.

I'm going on vacation with Josh.

Josh and I are going on vacation.

Together.

Without a blackberry.

Just the two of us. Hawaii. (He does listen, it would appear.) And a lot of - fun. Maybe a few serious conversations. But mainly, fun.

The Donna of eight years ago would be doing cartwheels right now.

This Donna is, too, but she's managing to keep them inside for now. I'm not really sure how.

Now, where did I put that bikini?

No comments:

Post a Comment