Tuesday 9 March 2010

In excelsis deo

Wow.

I don't know how I didn't cry. Right there in my bullpen. Right there, hugging him. Hugging him till I had to let go because, well, it was work, but I could have held him forever.

He’s a great hugger. You can't take that for granted; it's not true of just everyone. But he puts his whole soul into his hugs,the way he does with everything else in life. And I could have sworn he did that smelling my hair thing. Which generally speaking can only mean...

Now my cheeks are aching from all the smiling.

You are, quite simply, indispensable. Essential to my well-being.
And I’m not just talking about the job.


I keep reading it. Over and over. Those are my favorite lines.

I’m indispensable to him. I make him who he is. We make a great team.

You know what? It’s Christmas. Just for once I will let myself go there. Just for once I will think happy, ridiculous, way-ahead-of-myself thoughts and allow myself to dream. Work can wait. Reality in in its coldness and harshness can wait.

I’m so happy. Did I mention that?

I love Christmas. Who needs skis anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment