Wednesday 30 December 2009

After, after the "interview" or whatever that was...

Well, to hell with him. I’ll show him. I’m not doing this for him, anyway. Not anymore. I’m doing it for us – not him and me us, there isn’t one of those, never has been, never will be, I mean us as in the Party, us as in the nation, because a Republican President is in nobody’s best interests. Well, nobody that I like anyway. Except perhaps Cliff.

So I’m doing it for the nation. And a little bit for me. Why, after all, can a campaign not be a place to reinvent yourself and heal? To find your confidence and start over? Why can’t it be those things?

Look how well that worked out last time round. Ha.

I’ve found my corner and I will work harder than I’ve ever worked in my life and I’ll show him – I mean, me, I’ll show me, because it’s not about him anymore. I’ll show me, like Maria von Trapp, I have confidence that spring will come again... besides which you see I have confidence in me. So there.

Ahem. Whatever. I think I need to get some sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment