Tuesday 10 August 2010

Molly Morello Day

Days like today I don't need coffee to keep me going through the night. Days like today the adrenaline and excitement of working where I work are enough. Of working with the people I work with. Of serving the President I serve. Of working for the boss I work for.

Days like today I think back to where I came from, I think back to all the people who've made me who I am, and I'm so thankful. The people who've given of themselves for me. The people who have sacrificed time and energy, for me. The people who have given me underserved second chances.

Days like today I remember what a privilege it is, how unlikely for an almost-farm-girl from the cheese state, with no decent college education, no pedigree, no friends in high places, what a privilege to have the opportunity to do what I do, to be part of affecting, potentially, the lives of millions. It kind of blows my mind, actually.

Days like today keep me going, make me glad I turned down that job offer, remind me that despite the frustrations this job may or may not bring to my personal life there is nowhere else I would rather spend my days and half my nights.

Days like today make me determined to make it count.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for updating. I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete